S&P Global Market Intelligence - Painful Transition | Glassdoor

"Painful Transition"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Ability to learn. There are a lot of data sets and if you are motivated, you can be put in a good position to learn. I think this applies primarily to junior staff. Cannot recommend for any other professional grades. 2. Reasonably good working conditions and work from home policies.

Cons

1. Tremendous staff turnover and painful integration. Befuddled management culture has developed as senior management are trying to reduce costs. Staff (typically middle management) across company has no trust in short or long term vision as everyone feels like they are at the company for the short term. Not healthy work environment. 2. No innovation for years after endless changes. Company focuses on platform standardization -very difficult and disruptive. This may change, however I found that the corporate culture to be overbearing and simplistic, which I personally did not like and do not respect.

Advice to Management

Try to finish layoffs and turn the corner on expanding the business. At this point, there is no reason for any ambitious or talented person to attempt to build a long-term career at the company as there is no loyalty (due to the integration) and lack of long term vision (not sure about the Kensho acquisition.)

S&P Global Market Intelligence2018-09-17
  1. "Great!"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Graphic Designer

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence for less than a year

Pros

Really great creative team, everyone is very accommodating

Cons

Work can get sometimes tedious

S&P Global Market Intelligence2019-11-16
  2. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at S&P Global Market Intelligence full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and flexible schedules.

Cons

Frequent change in the organization.

S&P Global Market Intelligence2019-12-13

Discover more reviews about S&P Global Market Intelligence.