S'wooft - Perfect Steady PT Dayt job working with pups! | Glassdoor
  1. "Perfect Steady PT Dayt job working with pups!"

Current Employee - Manager/Dog Walker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at S'wooft part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's great steady, reliable PT work (M-F) working outside and with pups (sometimes kitties too), which I really enjoy. Love that I can pick up extra work on evenings/weekends when I'm free and need extra $$.

Cons

Not really a "con" but, this is a physical job and an outdoor "in all the elements" kind of job.

S'wooft2019-02-15

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Awesome Company To Work For...PLUS you get to hang out with the cutest pups!!!"

Former Employee - Dog Walker in North Chicago, IL

I worked at S'wooft part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hanging out with the cutest and sweetest pups! You had a wonderful team behind you in everything you did from answering questions you had on certain clients, or if I ever had an emergency come up, or last-minute fill-in requests, someone was always there to jump in and help out. There was always opportunity to get extra hours by doing extra walks on weekends/nights for clients that may be out of town etc. Things came up in my life and management was very accommodating to my needs to help out in any way that they could. If we were light staffed, they would make incentives for the walkers to complete a certain amount of walks to make extra $$. I'm sad to be leaving but if you have a love for fur babies and looking to make a little extra money on the side, it's a great place to work!!

Cons

This really isn't a con but if I had to put something; although this was a part-time job it still required a lot of attention to detail, time, and commitment. Your hours may only be 3-4 a day but it still demanding, walking oftentimes for 30 minutes each pup, and you may have 6-9 pups on your route.

S'wooft2020-03-04
  2. "Extremely Positive Experience Working For S'wooft"

Former Employee - Dog Walker in Chicago, IL

I worked at S'wooft part-time for less than a year

Pros

S'wooft combines strong, no-nonsense, tech-savvy leadership with an incredible support structure (including extremely good training) that makes working for them a complete joy. The reality of the modern-dog-walking-business-landscape is perilous: pet owners want the best for their four legged family, but they also remain cost conscious, with high expectations of flexibility and responsiveness. S'wooft manages to thread this needle in the best way possible, setting expectations with employees and clients up front, then backing them up with flawless, consistent service. I can't imagine working for another walking company after my experience there. I felt cared for. I felt fairly compensated (and furthermore was extremely appreciative of how up-front S'wooft was about compensation and related figures). With their ongoing support, I was able to focus on one singular goal - making the next dog walk the best possible walk (a walk where I can focus 99% of my attention on the dog and their immediate needs). As a former employee and future customer, I highly recommend S'wooft.

Cons

While it is easy to find downsides to any job in the dog walking industry, the only S'wooft specific con that ever came to mind was their very generous cancellation policy, which allows clients to cancel walks up to two hours before the walk is scheduled. In practice, it was (and is) extremely rare to have a client cancel a walk the same day. In a 30 day period of walking I would see maybe 2-3 same day cancelations total. So it wasn't actually a problem per se, however it could lead to a hypothetical situation where your entire day is cancelled the day of, which would be bad. Let me state again however, that this never happened, and if it did happen (or started to happen frequently) in a way that impacted an employee's bottom line, I have 100% confidence that S'wooft leadership would take steps to address it. They care about their people, and they've demonstrated that to me multiple times. Besides that, no other cons come to mind.

S'wooft2019-08-23

Discover more reviews about S'wooft.