S'wooft - Extremely Positive Experience Working For S'wooft | Glassdoor
  1. "Extremely Positive Experience Working For S'wooft"

Former Employee - Dog Walker in Chicago, IL

I worked at S'wooft part-time for less than a year

Pros

S'wooft combines strong, no-nonsense, tech-savvy leadership with an incredible support structure (including extremely good training) that makes working for them a complete joy. The reality of the modern-dog-walking-business-landscape is perilous: pet owners want the best for their four legged family, but they also remain cost conscious, with high expectations of flexibility and responsiveness. S'wooft manages to thread this needle in the best way possible, setting expectations with employees and clients up front, then backing them up with flawless, consistent service. I can't imagine working for another walking company after my experience there. I felt cared for. I felt fairly compensated (and furthermore was extremely appreciative of how up-front S'wooft was about compensation and related figures). With their ongoing support, I was able to focus on one singular goal - making the next dog walk the best possible walk (a walk where I can focus 99% of my attention on the dog and their immediate needs). As a former employee and future customer, I highly recommend S'wooft.

Cons

While it is easy to find downsides to any job in the dog walking industry, the only S'wooft specific con that ever came to mind was their very generous cancellation policy, which allows clients to cancel walks up to two hours before the walk is scheduled. In practice, it was (and is) extremely rare to have a client cancel a walk the same day. In a 30 day period of walking I would see maybe 2-3 same day cancelations total. So it wasn't actually a problem per se, however it could lead to a hypothetical situation where your entire day is cancelled the day of, which would be bad. Let me state again however, that this never happened, and if it did happen (or started to happen frequently) in a way that impacted an employee's bottom line, I have 100% confidence that S'wooft leadership would take steps to address it. They care about their people, and they've demonstrated that to me multiple times. Besides that, no other cons come to mind.

Advice to Management

Stay the course! Keep following your gut! Keep operating with the empathy, professionalism, and care that turned me from job seeker to S'wooft believer!

S'wooft2019-08-23

Other Employee Reviews

1. "S’wooft is the place to be!"

Current Employee - Dog Walker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at S'wooft part-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve been with S’wooft for over a year now, I love what I do, and who I work for. S’wooft pays well and cares about their employees. I love love love management, very caring and always willing to help.

Cons

No Cons... I love what I do, and the company I work for.

Advice to Management

Keep being you! Keep being awesome!

S'wooft2019-02-27
  2. "Love working with dogs all day!"

Current Employee - Dog Walker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at S'wooft part-time for more than a year

Pros

Love all the dogs, managers are reasonable and flexible, nice benefits for a part-time job.

Cons

physically tough job, lots of details for each dog

Advice to Management

Nothing really. Management has been great!

S'wooft2019-02-27

Discover more reviews about S'wooft.