SAIC - SAIC is for you if you are looking to have a stable job where you gain satisfaction through your performance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"SAIC is for you if you are looking to have a stable job where you gain satisfaction through your performance."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Its always been a stable company. During my tenor when the market was down SAI stock was up or stable. There is plenty of work and the company continues to grow. Senior management have a keen since as to what the future holds and how the company can continue to remain competitive.

Cons

Sometimes there is more work than available resources so it is not uncommon to work extra unpaid hours. There is not alot of team building experiences.

Advice to Management

Improve the onboarding process. Open the doors for members that hold a Secret clearance to seek Jobs with TS or greater. Open channels of communication between engineers in different divisions/groups etc. I guarantee there are duplicate efforts being performed throughout the company and lessons learned that could be shared.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

1. "SAIC is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Imagery Analyst in Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Imagery Analyst in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Pros

Great people at all levels. Honestly I have never worked with a group of better people who come from a fairly wide experience base for an organization with such a narrow focus. I think the company does a very good job sharing gains with even low level employees such as myself. I work with an intergrated contractor / military team and have made great friends at work in in both the service and the company. I can talk honestly with my managers and they give me honest answers. I really like working for SAIC, they are a cut above any company I have worked for in the past.

Cons

None really. Timekeeping software is a bit tough to work with at first. Really any annoyances I have had have come from working at a remote site and having to deal with an HR department that is hundreds of miles away. They do a great job but dealing with issues by telephone and email can be more frustrating than being able to walk upstairs to an HR department and talk to people face to face. The online performance evaluation program can be a bit of a pain to an employee who is used to completing their annual performance reviews face to face also but works pretty well for something of its type.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Find the contract you like before you worry about the company that has the contract."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Suffolk, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Suffolk, VA

Pros

Comprehensive Leave Policy (combined vacation and sick leave so if you don't get sick you get 3 weeks or more vacation.)
    Flex Time: work your 80 hours in a pay period and you can take off early (if there are no pressing deadlines).

Cons

The contract you work on is your real employer. SAIC just throws bodies at it. I never interact with SAIC at all except at holiday party. If it were some other companies name on my paycheck with the same benefits, I wouldn't notice the difference. Originally we were private (not publicly traded) and it was a WHOLE lot better. It created loyalty. That's gone now that that Beyster's gone.

Advice to Management

Spend some of the overhead we generate on us. I'm 99.9% time sold for 8 years and all I get is a Holiday party once a year? What about training? What about equipment? Why are there so many people leaching off the overhead dollars I create?