SAIC - Good company, but losing its edge | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"Good company, but losing its edge"

Former Employee - Communications
Former Employee - Communications

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was a good company with great benefits and opportunities when I started, but things changed after they went public as the case is with most companies.

Cons

They have become too technical and management at my location became narrow minded and less focused. Not as strategic as they need to be about winning new work.
They tend to promote people who are willing to take on more work regardless of whether it is a good fit or if the person has the proper skills and there is little training support once that person is in the new job. It depends on location but I also felt this company, at my location and within senior management did not promote women as much as some other contractors. It often became a good old boys club.

Advice to Management

Be more strategic about proposals. Work on relationship mapping and stakeholder management skills.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

1. "Great job, but a hassle to deal with corporate level management."

Former Employee - Geopspatial Operator
    Former Employee - Geopspatial Operator

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair pay and benefits. Great schedules.

Cons

Opaque hiring process, superfluous administrative requirements unrelated to positions, a bewildering separation between local management and corporate level management that will leave you feeling as if you are really working for a different company.

2. "Good working environment, very professionsl"

Pros

Opportunity for advancement is always available. Very professional envoronment where employees are treated with resepct. Competitive wage and benefits package. An excellant employer for former military .

Cons

The nature contract instability keeps you worried.