SAIC - Not bad but headed in a bad direction because of bad upper management. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"Not bad but headed in a bad direction because of bad upper management."

Current Employee - Manager in Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Salary, promotions, benefits, good work environment but a lot of military psychos work there.

Cons

Ridiculous overhead rates caused by too many chiefs make winning new work impossible. Collosal blunders like the Greek Olympics ($100 million loss) and CityTime ($500 million loss) caused by poor upper management.

Advice to Management

Fire the entire board of directors.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

"Love my job, Love my company"

Current Employee - Senior EVM Scheduler in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior EVM Scheduler in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Career Advancement Opportunities are vast. SAIC offers free courses, college tuition assistance and career training to help you advance within the company. Most of us have been with the company for 4+ years and have no intention in leaving.
    * Communication - We hear from our senior leadership whether good or bad. We also have great teams working together to exceed customer expectation. Most importantly, management trusts you to do your job and doesn't micro-manage employees.
    * Overall all opinion - Great company to work for. I have only had one bad experience and once reported the company took care of the matter promptly.

Cons

* Most work is contract work and with contract work, sometimes contracts aren't renewed or even cancelled due to government financing. Caveat - the company will try to place you to avoid termination.
    * Project budgets are very lean, usually no money for outside vendor training or speciality office supplies.

Advice to Management

* Make outside training budgets part of the corporate budget not the division or program level.
    * Convince customers to encourage telecommuting for trades such as project controls, schedulers and management analysts - we tend to not see the customer enough to warrent physical space in the office thus saving you thousands of dollars annually on leased office space and big bonus... we actually get more done when we telecommute.
    * For inner city workers who commute offer parking assistance (parking passes) or mass transit/commuter reimbursement - we pay alot of money to come to the jobs we love... love us back.

2. "Great company with some drawbacks"

Current Employee - Network Information Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Network Information Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Coworkers, Innovative technology with a lot more on the way

Cons

Some infighting between business units

Advice to Management

It is not always about the bottom dollar.