SAIC - Who do I work for? | Glassdoor

"Who do I work for?"

Current Employee - Analyst in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- I have a job and bring home a paycheck.
- Fun people to work with

Cons

- Don't know who my manager is
- Training/Career development is non-existent -- Don't feel secure about future employment since skills are getting rusty
- Hard to stay motivated when company doesn't have any expectations for performance other than a body filling a slot that they can bill for

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Make them feel like they are part of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

1. "wonderful people and nice perks but very loose and not well structured work environment"

Former Employee - Signal Processing Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Signal Processing Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free coffee/tea, flexible work schedule, workout room, fun team games, nice and friendly people

Cons

retirement plans, lack of communication from management, lack of structured work environment, not a real business focus/mission

Advice to Management

It was an alright experience at SAIC. While I really enjoyed being around wonderful and nice people and nice perks including a company gym to work out, fun team games and flexible work schedule, I just found that it was not the right type of environment for my professional growth and success.

The work environment was quite loose. The work environment is not quite structured. The management team was quite hands off. There was no real communication and coodination from the management team. The management team needs a big improvement in their leadership and communication skills.

The company as a whole doesn't have one true business focus. It's like they are trying to be everything they can be to please their customers with so many different focuses and different business units. That's the downside.

2. "Most Fulfilling in 40+ years"

Current Employee - Manager to Incident-Problem Team in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Manager to Incident-Problem Team in Torrance, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vision - direction
    Management - Control of Team
    TEAMWORK - The best team members
    Collaboration - Willingness to work and assist with other teams (internal/external)
    Cooperation - Againg willingness to jump in and volunteer when other non-SAIC teams would not

Cons

When a contract is expired, your left hanging without any 'next' assignment even after, blood, sweat and years (months) you have given to this fantastic company.

Advice to Management

In advance of contract end date, start assisting employee to determine where in the area/region he/she may be able to contribute to another contract or engagement.