SAIC - Very professional and thorough company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"Very professional and thorough company."

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Project Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Well established organization with an excellent reputation in multiple communities.

Cons

Only one day of corporate training with which to become familiar with the policies and procedures.

Advice to Management

Provide a venue with which new hires can become familiar with the culture and how you do business.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

1. "I Am Interchangabe & Disposible Cog in the Machine"

Former Employee - Engineer in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The SEE&I division has a variety of architecture and engineering projects. They work with on federal (DoD & GSA) projects, state government projects, and private sector projects. The projects are commercial, industrial, institutional and multi-unit residential buildings, civil works, and DoD specific projects.

Cons

The quality of a project is not a top concern. Management would rather blame all of the design professionals on a given project for an error rather than address the source of the error. Project managers are more converned about the ease of reporduction rather than following the engineering licensure laws and regulations of the various states. They are seen as "helpful suggestions" which can be ignored when inconvient. Management is unwilling to adress personnel who do not meet the standard of care for their profession and constantly produce documents which have errors and/or are unbildable. Management does not communicate with the professionals producing the designs until there are cost overruns or design errors.

Advice to Management

Take resposibility for your design contracts. Do nit just keep incompetnet people because you need a warm body to produce work. Value the professionals who do a good job instead of treating them like a inconivent number.

"Experiencing the culture that Allowed (Encouraged) the "City Time Fraud" Scandal to Happen!"

Current Employee - Senior Software in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Software in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only real "Pro" is that you get a paycheck. It's nothing great (about average, as far as compensation goes), but it's better than being unemployed.

Cons

Biggest "Con" is the Con-job that SAIC is perpetrating on their government customers! We are being told not to discuss our work outside our immediate group. During one of our software design meetings, the question was asked, "why don't we just ask the customer how they want this implemented?". The answer... "We can't ask the customer, because they don't know we're doing this".

For this particular project, I figure we are charging the government somewhere between $750,000 and $1,000,000 and we are not even telling them what we are doing. Let me tell you, if you are in a meeting and someone asks "is this project 'officially sanctioned' ", and the first reaction is that somebody quickly jumps up and shuts the conference room door... well, that's not a good sign.

I understand that not all SAIC groups are like ours (which is a software development group located in the main SAIC building on Odyssey Drive), however from my experience I have to say that SAIC is NOT a place you want to work!

I am currently seeking other employment, and as soon as I can get another job, I will be leaving SAIC.

Advice to Management

Stop behaving unethically.