SAIC - good pay and benefits, you need to be able to work on your own | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"good pay and benefits, you need to be able to work on your own"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Monterey, CA
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Monterey, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great pay, great benefits, relatively good (hands off) management

Cons

you need to be prepared to handle tasks on your own, management will help with hr related tasks, that's about it.

Advice to Management

talk to your employees, figure out what they want and help them get there. management can be hands off, but communication with distant employees should be more important

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

"Great people! Horrible Insurance Plan..."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at SAIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to work with extremely talented people who's willing to help as much as they can. Never seen such synergy in the team compare to others. Everyone is a contributor. I realize getting into such a good group can be draw of the luck. During interview, she asked "Do you like being thrown in the volcano on your first day?" This group was known for being overtasked and a stressful environment but as said... it wasn't true at all. I really doubt I'd work with such talented team again in the future.

Cons

I left a company for better pay and medical. SAIC Medical plan sucks! If SAIC manangement is reading this then change it ASAP! You say that it's a fair plan but it's not and you know it! You have the worst benefit compare to ANY company by far. I promise that more people will leave and more negative review will follow. If you ever want to join, make sure to bump $10k for sucky insurance.

Advice to Management

Don't mess with the medical. We all are raising a family and we deserve a fair plan with co-pay..not this ridiculous $3000 deductible, pay 20% of the bill instead of co-pay. I've been with many company and you guys are really screwing on family need... provide a decent medical.

2. "Dazed and Confused"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great project management and technical depth

Cons

3 CEO's in 4 years, company split resulting in lack of management focus, disconnected systems and lack of process discipline. Not sure there's a plan.

Advice to Management

Go see your customers