SAIC - Good company splits into 2 .... Land of opportunity or uncertainty? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"Good company splits into 2 .... Land of opportunity or uncertainty?"

Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Vice President Business Development in McLean, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I spent 32 years at SAIC - so I loved the company and the culture ... until we went public. I still think it's a solid company; however, I was dissatisfied with my management.

Cons

Since they are considering splitting into 2 companies, while I believe there may be many opportunities, I expect that it will take 18-24 months for the "dust to settle" and the leadership having the two "new" companies ont track with their strategies.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

1. "Good benefits"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large stable company, great HR department, responsive, professional.

Cons

Contracts can be shaky things. When the contract you are working on ends, you and sometimes hundreds of others have to "apply" for other positions in the company local or far--with no guarantee you will land a spot. This gives you a sense of instability. And, in spite of working -- for perhaps years, there is NO severance pay, even though it clearly specifies the conditions for severance pay on the website. All you receive is any vacation owing. I confirmed this with HR. That is a shocker.

Advice to Management

Install a better way to keep good talent when contracts end.

2. "Does Not Recognize Hard Work"

Current Employee - Integration Test Engineer in Eglin AFB, FL
    Current Employee - Integration Test Engineer in Eglin AFB, FL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are a large, stable company. Job security should not be a concern. Although they are splitting into two companies, unless you are an admin position your job is secure.

Cons

They absolutely do not value good work. You can perform better each year and not receive the pay raise you deserve. They also doubled the cost of health insurance while cutting benefits in half because of healthcare reform in 2013.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the money they deserve so they don't quit to go work for someone who will.