SAIC - Loved SAIC | Glassdoor

"Loved SAIC"

Current Employee - Credit Card Administrative in Oak Ridge, TN
Current Employee - Credit Card Administrative in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rate of Pay. Management and the people along with the many self service training programs created a wonderful experience for me personally. I would have stayed with SAIC for the rest of my Career could I have avoided the lay-off. I will miss working at SAIC.

Cons

SAIC just recently split causing a reduction in Labor Hours. Many people lost their job.
The Benefits Program also took a major hit.

Advice to Management

Take a look into the lower ranks to get an overall picture of what it actually takes to run the many different programs.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

"Now that the company is splitting up, the SAIC half has potential. Avoid the other half, Leidos, like the plague."

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart people, some great leaders, good contracts. Good benefits, nice facilities and opportunities to advance if you're willing to crush other people to do it.

Cons

Politics and a legacy culture based on cutthroat competition and an attitude of 'get ahead at any cost.' Too much emphasis on 'do as I say, not as I do' from a few top managers. Very little loyalty from senior management to long-term, mid-level employees. The Board is more interested in feathering their own nest than taking care of the company and its people.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Trust your subordinates. You've hired people for their subject matter expertise; use it. Have some loyalty to those employees who have put their entire lives into SAIC. Don't just toss them aside after 35+ years with the company...that kind of lead-pipe capitalism is ultimately self-defeating.

2. "Contract at Entergy"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New Orleans, LA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most people say this is a great company to work at if you are working contracts other than Entergy. Now, SAIC overall runs a well oiled machine. It is this division that is the problem.

Cons

The Entergy contract is not like the rest of SAIC. SAIC here discriminates and only looks out for their inner circle of PMs. They let the BUCIO intimidate everyone and he expects everyone to fear him when he enters the room. He is like a dictator. This is how he was trained by his predecessor.

Advice to Management

Don't have any suggestions since this is ingrained in this company.