SAIC - What have I done? | Glassdoor

"What have I done?"

Research Scientist in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

People are friendly. Benefits are decent, salary (speaking for myself) is good,

Cons

This only applies the SAIC in Beaver Creek Ohio and at the Airbase near by, and to lesser to Champagne Illinois. What the ef is going on here? Who is kidding who? This company i bids on 40000000 contracts, and hope that it would win 10% of them. There is very little discussion of technical details of the proposals,. But then there is very little to discuss. SAIC has interesting and I should say somewhat successful strategy. Firs of all it has hired and is always hiring people from Military branch; usually retired but a considerable number younger ones who made the switch. Hiring bucket load of ex-military personal means for about each contract at least on of them knows the POC of the customer; More importantly, the slick SAIC proposal team identifies entities (people or other companies) that are viewed favorable y by the potential customer. So the recruiting as partner or subcontractor of these entities begins. Secondly SAIC simply has taken (hired) many of the military personal, and now these SAIC employees do the same work for military but as private contractor working for SAIC (with gadgets provided by SAIC). Essentially military has privatized a part of its work and given it to SAIC. II think it is the largest source of revenue for SAIC. And it also means SAIC is no longer a true Science company, but private company taking over and doing part of operations previously done exclusively by military. I imagine they do it more efficiently as government is always slow and inefficient. . By the way don't look for competent technical people! There are hardly any. There may be one or two. You will recognize them. They are the only ones who have more than 15 books in their office and look tired and don't give a rats.....anymore.

Continue reading
    SAIC2009-08-11
  1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move up and competitive pay.

Cons

Health insurance is not great.

SAIC2020-02-15
  2. "Amazing people"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Greate people in the Kansas City office, very friendly.

Cons

Benefits are not the greatest in the area.

SAIC2020-02-14

Discover more reviews about SAIC.