SAIC - Best, Better, Good, Average, What's next? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"Best, Better, Good, Average, What's next?"

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good talented people to work with.

Cons

Disappearing health insurance, disappearing 401K, smaller raises, and shrinking or no bonuses are a cause for alarm not only in this company but in this industry. It seems to be a race to see who can get rid of any overhead that benefits employees the fastest. Eventually I will move to a smaller company where many of my co-workers are headed

Advice to Management

"SAIC values its employees" has become a hollow statement and "SAIC needs to cut back to remain competitive" is now the mantra. When the best and brightest end up working for the subcontractors I will join them.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

"very good place to work"

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good vacation, great training, emphasis on ethics and serving the customers and charging time correctly and doing the right thing even when others don't want you to, or won't pat you on the back.

Cons

since the time it became a public company it felt like people in overhead positions were not valued and were seen as a waste of money.

Advice to Management

it would be better to be private again and make it an employee owned company

2. "My contract was great for Senior People, challenging for Juniors"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at SAIC as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked as part of an IV&V (Independent Verification & Validation) software test team for a DHS project in downtown Washington, D.C. Although I was a sub-contractor, they never made me feel like an "outsider" and let me show my expertise without micro-managing. They gave me free reign to take care of the customer without wasting time with unnecessary status reports.

Cons

Most of our crew were Senior Level engineers so a less-experienced person would have trouble adjusting since people were not available to baby-sit.

Advice to Management

Keep winning more contracts.