SAIC - A Great Team is No More | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"A Great Team is No More"

Former Contractor - Instructional Designer in Vista, CA
Former Contractor - Instructional Designer in Vista, CA

I worked at SAIC as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

While I was there, it was a nice environment with good people. However, that was back in 2010. When I was there, there was flex time, work from home, and a generally employee friendly attitude. Please see the cons for the sad conclusion....

Cons

Our group was like a family and highly productive. The department has since been entirely laid off. I don't know what is happening there now, but before the last of the group was laid off, they were told they could no longer work from home, and were being asked to work more hours with too few people.

Advice to Management

Management didn't listen or care about our process. I would recommend listening more instead of making decisions from "on high."

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

"Great Long term career, but not as great as it used to be"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits were great. Opportunities for growth were great. Not sure it is true anymore now the company went public and then split into 2 companies.

Great technical people!

I felt the leadership was strong, fair and ethical in the case of the DMS business Unit. There was good technical leadership at the head. Can't speak for the other BUs

Cons

You used to be able to trade in hours over 80 in a pay period for time off within the payperiod. This was exceptional. I heard this benefit was removed.
    Also, you work a LOT of hours to succeed, it is expected. Great for overachievers, not so much for family life and life-work balance.

Advice to Management

If you have removed the timebank yet, keep it, helps people keep life-work balance

2. "It was great back in Beyster's day."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The name of the company makes it sound like you are doing something sciency.

Cons

Company culture has gone downhill fast since the stock went public. Management no longer promotes from within. High employee turnover.

Advice to Management

Interact with your employees. Don't look so stiff in a suit.