SAIC - Quite possibly the last company that I'll ever be employed with. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"Quite possibly the last company that I'll ever be employed with."

Current Employee - Site Lead in Fairbanks, AK
Current Employee - Site Lead in Fairbanks, AK

Pros

Everyone that I work with are professional, friendly, knowledgable and willing to share what they know to ensure that you too have success. We perform our duties under contract, so everyone has a vested interest to perform their best as it maintains the contract. With contracts located nationally and worldwide you do get the feeling that the world is your oyster as you can move around.

Cons

Working as a contractor and conforming to the contracted companys culture based on their expectations from you. Bonuses, benefits and training can feel limited due to the budget alloted for the contract. Sometimes certain employee services can be hard to get addressed because geographically their offices are at a different location in the country.

Advice to Management

Always maintain open communication with your employees. Look into how employee services can best be used to provide assistance to your employees for their region.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

"SAIC has interesting opportunities in the Federal Government IT sector."

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Washington, DC

Pros

Good diversity of workplace opportunities. I enjoy the mix of projects that I'm allowed to contribute to.

Cons

Cyclical nature of government contracting. Things go boom for a year, and then suddenly people "disappear" because the funding is all gone.

Advice to Management

Provide greater financial incentives for innovation. Currently there is very little financial incentive for people below middle management.

"SAIC in Huntsville"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL

Pros

The management at SAIC is always working to improve the life their employees. There is an abundance of opportunities for advancement and plenty of new business to be had with all the Army research and development that goes on in this area. They have a great program for professional development, they will reimburse the cost of college, and professional certifications. They have a great HR department who is very helpful in all aspects. They have a very flexible work schedule, as long as 80 hours are completed in the pay period it is fine.

Cons

The benefits package is run of the mill.

Advice to Management

None.