SAIC - Very competitive salary-wise; huge lumbering bureaucracy; certainly treat employees fairly, but don't expect "amazing." | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"Very competitive salary-wise; huge lumbering bureaucracy; certainly treat employees fairly, but don't expect "amazing.""

Current Employee - Policy Analyst in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Policy Analyst in McLean, VA

Pros

They're very competitive salary-wise. They have a large number of contracts, so easier to switch positions while staying with company than it is with many competitors.

Cons

It's a huge corporation, with a huge lumbering bureaucracy. There are limited opportunities to move into management. While one can switch positions within the company, don't expect any help finding them. I would say SAIC is as good as the position in which you are currently working. Don't expect them to be able to give you progressively more challenging/engaging work, or to be able to find work that you are necessarily interested in. This, of course, is true of the industry in general.

Advice to Management

Really establish and promote a vacancy database and capability database. We had to go to the trouble to populate the capabilities database. Now make it so we can actually use the informatino we submit to find new positions within the company.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

1. "SAIC is a mixed bag."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Pros

The office I worked in was really fantastic in terms of the coworkers and the community surroundin work. I enjoyed the people I worked with much more than the work I was doing. Work/life balance at SAIC was fantastic. My direct supervisors were very understanding and willing to let me arrange my schedule however I wanted so long as I got my 40 hours in each week.

Cons

In my particular office, I felt a little isolated from the rest of the company. I often feared that in the long-term, our office was going to diminish in importance within the company.

Advice to Management

A request for better communication between the echelons of the company doens't mean we want you to talk to us more. it means that we'd like you to listen to us more.

"Generic Corporation, virtually indistinguishable from CSC & LockMart"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

Generic Government software consulting company. If you are lucky enough to get onto an interesting project you can enjoy your work. Most contracts require government management approval & direction to work more than 40 hours a week, so you rarely work extended hours.

Cons

You are a generic, replaceable cog. The company has absolutely no loyalty to you and no interest as long as the customer continues to renew contracts. Pay raises will not keep up with inflation, or even with government pay raises.

Advice to Management

Loyalty is a two way street.