SAIC - A great company going though a lot of change, direction questionable. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

"A great company going though a lot of change, direction questionable."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Pros

SAIC is a great company for self motivated professionals in their second or third job out of school. SAIC is not a good place for someone fresh out of school as you are expected to show up prepared to perform. We closely reflect our customers. that means you should have some prior service experience before joining SAIC. If you want the chance to set your own future based on your interests and willingness to perform, then SAIC is the place for you.

Cons

SAIC has difficulty making hard decisions. Because management typically comes from the customers we serve, government, they tend to suffer from similar decision making weaknesses found in government. Because we are a great company from a self starter entrepreneurial perspective, don't expect senior management to think about grand strategy and lay out a roadmap for mid and direct level managers to follow. It is up to you to figure it out.

Don't confuse lack of strategy or decision making skills with a lack of oversight (data calls) and a never ending list of new management self serve requirements. SAIC is trying to learn how to be big. We have grown fast and continue to struggle with how you lead in a larger company.

In summary, there is nothing inspiring in senior leadership (bugm and up).

Advice to Management

Dirtied it where we are going and start mKing real decisions.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

"Started off great but went down really quickly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

- for the most part you work with very professional and intelligent people
    - There are a lot of tools provided to allow a professional to keep learning

Cons

- The work environment is horrible, the cubes are so low there is no privacy and barely any storage space.
    - you are not treated like a professional but a kinder-gardener, being micromanaged and monitored by the manager instead of focusing on productivity
    - The communication is non-existent
    - There is definitely favoritism within teams

Advice to Management

Improve communication and start treating employees with respect and dignity.

2. "Great workplace, great people to work work"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA

Pros

SAIC respected me as an employee. They allowed me to have flexibility with my schedule due to having a family. They appreciated my contributions. My colleagues were down to earth and I respected every one of them. My managers were top notch - they were capable of handling the toughest of situations and employees and caring as well.

Cons

I took a 25% pay decrease to work for SAIC.