SAIT Polytechnic - good | Glassdoor

"good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

best working experience for new graduate.

Cons

no salary raise in two years

Advice to Management

pay more

Other Employee Reviews for SAIT Polytechnic

"I like working at SAIT Polytechnic!"

Current Employee - Chair in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Chair in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

The best reasons to work at SAIT Polytechnic include
    1. The faculty and staff are excellent to work with. All (usual exceptions in any org) are focused on student success.
    2. It is fun. No day is boring. We are very responsive to industry so are constantly challenged. It is a blast!
    3. I came for the opportunity to do productive things for society and to achieve some work/wife balance. I have generally achieved both.
    4. There is opportunity to grow into new areas with support. We have an excellent Credential Enhancement Program that allows/encourages us to further professional development.
    5. We have performance bonuses that are achievable. They are driven by collective and individual performance and the criteria are clear.

Cons

Workload gets crazy sometimes. It is possible to spend your life here. Work/life balance is the employee's to manage.

Advice to Management

Spend some more time being visible. It will help in the achievement of the goals such as the degree programs.

"opportunity to make a difference"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

Great opportunity to make a difference and to move up in the organization, if you're bright, energetic and collaborative. The salary is quite good and the vacation time for management is excellent. Also, employees get free access to the gym and pool, library, some free continuing education courses and other perks. There are a lot of stars, amongst the duds.

Cons

It is bureaucratic, slow moving and sometimes stuck on "what we've always done". It can be quite political too. There are a lot of people who don't "get it" and then there are a handful of amazing people. Not many inbetween.

Advice to Management

Identify your top 30 leaders across the organization. They are not in leadership positions but they're doing a lot of grassroots leading and influencing. Tap into these people and they know what is great, what needs to change, how to make it happen and will help implement the change.