SAP - Don't Take a Contract Position | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for SAP

"Don't Take a Contract Position"

I have been working at SAP full-time

Pros

-good salary
-intelligent driven colleagues
-great office location

Cons

-no professional development opportunity when taking a contract role

Other Employee Reviews for SAP

"Good support, helping colleagues, interesting tasks"

Former Contractor - Researcher in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Researcher in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at SAP as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You will get a good support from your managers and colleagues. I also really enjoyed its strong cross-team collaboration, as I had to work with two other teams.

Cons

Like any other big company (Google, Amazon, Microsoft) you will feel a good amount of work load for sure but it will be easy to handle in SAP.

"Massive opportunity - why are we wasting it????"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at SAP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great solutions, many great people, fantastic business opportunity, great comp plan (when you can sell).

Cons

Poor internal messaging, weak mid-management, US focused organisation (US expect Europe to be awake and working while they are...), horiffic work-life-balance - expectation that you are working for them for 24 x 7. Massive blame culture. No ownership taken by anyone. Complicated, admin-heavy internal systems and processes. Setting goals / targets then not providing the support / autonomy to be able to achieve the goals set - employees are not empowered. Email culture reduces effective communication and creates innefficiencies. Resources over stretched and over worked. All this creates a demotivating environment in which it seems impossible to succeed in. No career progression.

In short they do not 'practice what they preach' - we definately do not 'Drink our own Champagne'!

Advice to Management

Sort out the resourcing issues (if you can't recruit - empower your partner network - that is one of the reasons they exist!). Align accountabilities within the business units. Nurture a customer centric culture. Empower your employees. Reduce internal spam email - what is wrong with picking up the phone? Use the BizX Suite as it should be used... Recognise that you have problems and work towards FIXING them.

Remember "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" (Einstein, Franklin... or whomever else this has been misattributed to...)