SAP - Great company with opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAP

"Great company with opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Newtown Square, PA
Current Employee - Senior Support Engineer in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company that has many different kind of opportunities. If you don't like the group you're working in, SAP is so large that you can seek out other groups within the company. The company also has multiple locations, so you're not always stuck in Newtown Square, PA, although this is somewhat dependent on the group you're in and your position.

Cons

Work life balance is not always great.

Other Employee Reviews for SAP

"High Paced, Energetic, and Competitive - SAP"

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

SAP is a great place to work. The strategy is clear and it's working. The company focuses on making it's customers, partners and employees successful. The people are top notch. For my role, there is a lot of flexibility to be able to determine how, where and when I work. I feel like I can make a positive difference in the world working for SAP.

Cons

There are many breaks because of the nature of the high tech industry and our competitive posture. There are also not many women in high tech, so for me (a woman), it's hard to progress to higher levels of the organization. Also, sometimes because of the rapid pace of delivery, the left hand and the right hand don't realize that they are working at odds or redundantly. That's a pet peeve of mine.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the women in management initiative, but go deeper in the topic. You need women on the board and in senior management who think differently to the men so that you get the value of diverse thinking in SAP strategy. If you only keep people who think like men, you lose the benefit.

2. "great"

Pros

employee friendly policies, great industry knowledge

Cons

slow paced, huge dependency on germany teams