SAP - Great Company with solid benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAP

"Great Company with solid benefits"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer
Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible working conditions, my manager is very helpful and receptive to issues I have. The people I work with are all very supportive and helpful.

Cons

Lots of different systems to log into (Okta is resolving some of this). Not all processes are ironed out. The company has grown so fast that policies and procedures are now trying to catch up.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop the individuals on your teams.

Other Employee Reviews for SAP

1. "Good company with excellent benefits and compensation"

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable company, lots of opportunity

Cons

lack of empowerment, too many silos, difficult to move beyond VP

"Completely disorganized, cult mentality. If you don't like what we're doing, get out!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big company name (especially with SAP) and overly inflated titles look great on your resume
    Great benefits

Cons

This is a culture of lies, fear and manipulation. The mantras are plastered all over every wall with things like "No A-holes." The company (and management) does not practice what they preach and, until the CEO quit, we were constantly berated at "town hall meetings" and by company-wide emails with the constant message - if you are unhappy here, leave. You are simply disgruntled and we don't want you here. There is no open mindedness towards change for the better or the "Kaizen" culture they claim to have. In fact, punishment abounds in this world of fear. Nearly every employee in the place has been the subject of some form of reprimand.

There is high turnover in upper management, which is very unsettling. People at all levels don't seem to stay in any position for more than 6 months before either leaving for something else, or being moved to another functional area. Entire teams are disbanded on a whim and there is no certainty about who does what. This type of CONSTANT organizational change creates an environment of zero responsibility.

Work-from-home is selectively applied, even within teams. Work-life balance only exists if you count "carrying your work phone around with you and constantly being on call" a balance. You can expect to work late nights and weekends. "Unlimited paid vacation" simply means that you're not actually entitled to any vacation, except at the whim and will of your manager.

Despite growing revenues, everyone in the company suffers from "not enough resources" to do the job correctly. There is a company-wide culture of "something is better than nothing," which, if you believe in having pride in your work, will be a challenge for you.

Advice to Management

It's time to develop some real strategic direction for where this merger is heading. No one in the company even knows what the company looks like (structurally) anymore and people are afraid and uncertain about their futures here. Someone needs to take the helm and show everyone that there actually IS a plan.