SAP - Good job security but HR processes are bad | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SAP

"Good job security but HR processes are bad"

Current Employee - Architect in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Architect in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Good work life balance
- Decent benefits
- Good job security
- Pay is on par with other bay area companies

Cons

- Green card process starts only after 4 years of joining the company
- Too much hierarchy and bureaucracy
- Changes are slow and adoption of new technologies is also slow

Advice to Management

Upper management doesn't give importance or pay heed to development team concerns. Only product management and sales teams have visibility even though the development teams work really hard.

Other Employee Reviews for SAP

1. "So snobby and unprofessional"

Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I worked at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

obviously it's a HUGE company so there is lots of opportunity and SAP is well known.

Cons

HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT ALL THE WAY AROUND

Advice to Management

SERIOUSLY get over yourselves. The attitude of "we are everything" and the total arrogance is going to drive your company in the ground , one day. I promise you. I can't get over how management and middle management thinks they walk on water. Careful to anyone who joins this firm.

"Good company, not good location"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in La Crosse, WI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in La Crosse, WI

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, good perks like a catered lunch. Unfortunately, there isn't much else to say here, but the review requires 20 words.

Cons

The work environment is the worst I have ever worked in, especially if you are a female. The senior manager is sexist, and bullies female employees until they leave. Work/life balance is non existent. (I was once written up for falling behind because I took bereavement leave for an immediate family member's passing. Apparently, I was expected to have taken my laptop to the funeral and worked.) Teamwork is discouraged. (I was reprimanded multiple times for trying to work with my team. "Just write whatever you think is correct and give it to the next person. You don't need to ask them what they need." (Or there was the manager who said "You need to quit doing what's best for the team and do what's best for you.".) And backstabbing is expected. (I actually had a manager, after unsuccessfully trying to get me to rat on my team, tell me that he was surprised that I wouldn't say anything and that I was the only one he had talked to who had not "thrown someone under the bus". He had already talked to everyone else on the team.)
    Complaining to HR does no good. We're too small of an office for them to care what goes on here. So you just have to suck it up and deal with it until you find a better job.
    If you're a software engineer, there are no career opportunities due to the clog at the top with the senior manager. Even more senior managers know he's not qualified for more, so he doesn't get promoted. So no one does.
    All of this results in the worst morale I have ever seen. Employees are walking around like zombies. There's no excitement for what you are working on.

Advice to Management

Management here is awful. The senior manager is unqualified for his position. So he demoted all the more qualified managers below him, and filled the positions with even less qualified managers. It's bad when you have to surround yourself with morons in order to make yourself look good.
    Due to all the mismanagement, the work environment is not good (as noted above). And it really shows in the project management, and the productivity of the employees.