SAS Institute - Technical Student Intern | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Technical Student Intern"

Current Intern - Technical Student in Cary, NC
Current Intern - Technical Student in Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful benefits, even for a lowly student intern! I can really tell that everyone I've met at SAS enjoy what they do. I worked in a small team and everyone was kind and understanding. Even as an intern, I felt appreciated and welcomed.
Also, I got a strong feeling that this company is ideal for people with families, especially small children since there is a daycare on site!

Cons

Marketing and market research doesn't seem to be a strong point for this company. Given my short duration of time there, I can't say for sure, but the marketing team that I worked with struggled with communication and I've heard that the market research department is rather underfunded and understaffed. For a company that is the largest private corporation in the US, it is rather unknown to the public. When I tell people I interned at SAS, for most people (without comp/stat background) the name did not ring a bell...
Overall,

Other Employee Reviews for SAS Institute

"Mixed Feelings"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Cary, NC

I have been working at SAS Institute full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SAS can be great for some, the benefits are great and they have a top-notch fitness program. On-site health care is convenient for immediate illnesses.

Cons

The company has a lot of under-employment and complacency. There is also a lot of nepotist. The biggest issue is that there lack of mobility/advancement.

Advice to Management

time to really innovate! the focus on sales and legacy systems is holding the company back.

"Great place to work, but hard to grow"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at SAS Institute as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

SAS has legendary benefits, excellent amenities, and a fantastic working environment. If you find a role doing something you like, you cannot beat the workplace environment.

Cons

Not a lot of churn. People are content and perhaps a little complacent. Opportunities for learning are there, but the general tempo is slow, and opportunities for career advancement are few.