SDL - They're a fraud. | Glassdoor

"They're a fraud."

Former Employee - Freelancer in Montreal, QC

I worked at SDL for less than a year

Pros

I had to write a test before getting hired, and I received a copy of my text with the reviser’s comments explaining why I passed. Most companies don’t bother with this step. The software (Studio) is a decent translation tool.

Cons

I wish I had read the reviews before sending my resume to this company. I blindly trusted the software’s good reputation, and because of that, I lost four days of work. Every negative review in this thread is accurate. In my case I actually lost money because of the company’s practices. I was asked to work on an urgent project, but on the day of delivery, both the project manager and the reviser went on leave. Not...

Advice to Management

Cease operations immediately. You are harming the translation industry. Stick to the software.

SDL2016-12-02
  1. "Awesome place to learn"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at SDL for more than a year

Pros

Most of PMs are really patient and they want us to make the most out of it here.

Cons

Not so much. I had a pleasant experience here.

SDL2019-04-19
  2. "Very disorganized structure"

Former Employee - Linguistic Tester in Superior, CO

I worked at SDL for less than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere but that’s about it

Cons

Very disorganized, schedulers contact you for a project but you may show up and being told to turn around and go home without any sorts of compensation offered. Most of the testing projects are delocalized in eastern countries for cost cutting so based on the language you speak it may be very slow. I would say go for it if you are in between job but don’t expect to make a decent salary out of it.

Advice to Management

Have the teams communicate more with their schedulers.

SDL2019-07-06

Discover more reviews about SDL.