SDL - Experience as a translator at SDL | Glassdoor

"Experience as a translator at SDL"

Former Employee - Translator in Montreal, QC

I worked at SDL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for acquiring translation experience at a big translation company, meet a lot of young people, get acquainted to many different roles, functions and tasks, familiarize yourself with the latest technology.

Cons

There is little or no incentives for employees, no salary raises, no bonuses, which explains a high turnover rate. There is no corporate culture to speak of, it's like every employee for himself. Poorly trained managers.

Advice to Management

They should focus on building a strategy to improve their employer brand and their corporate culture, create programs for employees. Little things such as creating a rewards program can go a long way to help employees feel more engaged.

SDL2018-08-04

SDL Response

October 24, 2018Executive Team

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience with us. We are part way through our transformation and are moving forward with our employee engagement strategy. A culture change after any company transformation will take time and we are fully ...

1. "Awesome place to learn"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at SDL for more than a year

Pros

Most of PMs are really patient and they want us to make the most out of it here.

Cons

Not so much. I had a pleasant experience here.

SDL2019-04-19

"Very disorganized structure"

Former Employee - Linguistic Tester in Superior, CO

I worked at SDL for less than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere but that’s about it

Cons

Very disorganized, schedulers contact you for a project but you may show up and being told to turn around and go home without any sorts of compensation offered. Most of the testing projects are delocalized in eastern countries for cost cutting so based on the language you speak it may be very slow. I would say go for it if you are in between job but don’t expect to make a decent salary out of it.

Advice to Management

Have the teams communicate more with their schedulers.

SDL2019-07-06

Discover more reviews about SDL.