SDL - Working at SDL is FANTASTIC. | Glassdoor
  1. "Working at SDL is FANTASTIC."

Former Employee - Translator in Mumbai

I worked at SDL full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

According to me, SDL is best place to work. Environment and the infrastructure of SDL is suitable for work and career growth. SDL also provide the responsibilities to their employees according to their abilities, so they can perform batter.

Cons

Relatively understaffed which means you have more responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Good job Managers..... keep it up!

SDL2018-11-10

SDL Response

November 13, 2018Executive Team

Thank you for adding your review. We value your feedback and wish you success in your chosen career.

Other Employee Reviews

"Excellent company reputation, excellent benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SDL full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Excellent management, flexible work life balance, great time off and benefits, travel opportunities

Cons

base salary could be higher, commission plan could be higher

SDL2018-11-07

SDL Response

November 12, 2018Executive Team

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We continuously benchmark our salaries and commission plans against the market and believe that our current offerings are competitive in the LSP market. We are focused on our employee experience and the bigger picture and trust ...

"Great company on a cost cutting mission to irrelevancy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at SDL full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Exciting products, global company offering chance to work with people around the world

Cons

SDL has jerked back and forth from being on course with solid management, to off course, to on course and back off course. Unfortunately it's off course and doing drastic uninformed cost cutting to appease investors upset about falling market valuation.

Advice to Management

Quit and allow more experienced leadership to take your place. That's rough but I saw a strong company ruined because the inexperience CEO misspeak on earnings expectation that weren't met and the market price fell, requiring uncalled for cost cutting.

SDL2019-03-06

Discover more reviews about SDL.