SDL - Great place to succeed!! | Glassdoor
  1. "Great place to succeed!!"

Current Employee - Director, Business Development in Montreal, QC

I have been working at SDL

Pros

Fantastic opportunities to make money and great working environment! The executive team is very driven and involved with their team. As a leader in their industry in both language solutions and technology, SDL is always creating innovative services for their customers and they are always ahead of the game from their competitors!

Cons

Work-life balance needs a little improvement.

SDL2015-02-20

Other Employee Reviews

"Excellent company reputation, excellent benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SDL full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent management, flexible work life balance, great time off and benefits, travel opportunities

Cons

base salary could be higher, commission plan could be higher

SDL2018-11-07

SDL Response

November 12, 2018Executive Team

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We continuously benchmark our salaries and commission plans against the market and believe that our current offerings are competitive in the LSP market. We are focused on our employee experience and the bigger picture and trust ...

"Great company on a cost cutting mission to irrelevancy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at SDL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting products, global company offering chance to work with people around the world

Cons

SDL has jerked back and forth from being on course with solid management, to off course, to on course and back off course. Unfortunately it's off course and doing drastic uninformed cost cutting to appease investors upset about falling market valuation.

Advice to Management

Quit and allow more experienced leadership to take your place. That's rough but I saw a strong company ruined because the inexperience CEO misspeak on earnings expectation that weren't met and the market price fell, requiring uncalled for cost cutting.

SDL2019-03-06

Discover more reviews about SDL.