SEOP - Great if you like promising the world to people, and then falling short on execution. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SEOP

"Great if you like promising the world to people, and then falling short on execution."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Pros

Honestly, the people there aren't bad. They mean well in their actions, however the sales force is so aggressive in selling SEO services, and the company is outsourcing so much of their content and development to the Philippines, that it's almost setting people up for failure.

Cons

For how much the company was doing in monthly sales, the office is embarrassing. I had a cockroach scurry past a prospective clients shoe while we were in the meeting room.

Advice to Management

Set realistic expectations when selling services. Don't promise the moon, then not deliver. Also, bring more resources in-house.

Other Employee Reviews for SEOP

1. "Initiative is rewarded"

I have been working at SEOP full-time

Pros

If there's one thing that management is looking for, I'd say it's initiative. In this industry, creativity is common, skills can be honed, experience can come later, but you have to have the initiative to put your ideas into action and tell management exactly what you need from them.

Cons

Talent rises to the top, so it can get competitive.

Advice to Management

I think more flexible work schedules would benefit those with families.

2. "An excellent team!"

I worked at SEOP full-time

Pros

I've made some of my best, life-long friends while working at SEOP and we still meet up for drinks from time to time, even if we don't all work there anymore. Given the opportunity, I would definitely go back and work for them.

Cons

There's a lot of talent at SEOP. Make sure that you get noticed if you want to rise in the ranks.

Advice to Management

Maybe build a little playroom where employees could relax every now and then.