SERMO - A big vision with huge potential | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SERMO

"A big vision with huge potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at SERMO full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has transformed from frenetic to focused since its acquisition of Sermo about a year ago. The senior management distilled an admirable vision to improve healthcare globally. We are now executing on this charter and aligning our efforts toward empowering our physicians to be able to collaborate on patient cases, get paid for their insights in market research, and enjoy the camaraderie of a thriving community. We have a lot of work ahead, but the outlook is bright for the Sermo platform and its company.

Cons

While I believe the compensation is very competitive, the company is still very much run as a business. It is very thrifty with how it invests its money, but now how it invests its employees' time. Providing more tools, technology, training, and supports to enable employees' well-being, growth, productivity and success in both life as well as work would help grow the culture as much as the business.

Advice to Management

- Don't underestimate the ROI of investing in your human capital and happiness once hired.
- Keep focusing on the goals which matter most.
- Keep listening.

Other Employee Reviews for SERMO

1. "Great culture and tremendous potential"

Current Employee - Engineering in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Boston, MA

I have been working at SERMO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People and culture are focused on success and attaining great things as a team. With a now solidified strategy of the Sermo acquisition the company has the potential to disrupt the whole market.

Cons

It took a little while after the acquisition to arrive at a comprehensive vision, but that has been attained and the direction is clear.

Advice to Management

Continue the teamwork!

"I'm glad I landed here - lots of personal ownership and accountability, little interest in bureaucracy or "cruising"."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at SERMO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been at WorldOne a few months after spending years in start-ups. I'm really happy to have found a larger, more established company so full of energy and drive to help change the world for the better. It brings a lot of meaning to my work. My colleagues are eager, insightful, and there's a certain flatness to the company that makes me know my work is valued. "We" is the most frequently used word without it becoming hokey or cultish.

Having read some of the older reviews on here, I think what I'm experiencing is new - the result of a certain renaissance or blending of the company culture after it acquired Sermo. I've had a few conversations with the CEO - he's incredibly open-minded, and he has that reality-bending quality to him that seems to get the most out of everyone around him, including himself. The executive team certainly doesn't give any vibe of being off somewhere above the clouds.

While we work hard, coming from start-ups, I'm the one who has to adjust to a company that seems to really get work-life balance.

Cons

As with any company undergoing a cultural rebirth, there are some friction points, mostly caused by an imbalance of resources across functions, but that seems to be improving.
    From everyone I talk to, there's work to be done basically everywhere. I imagine that can frustrate people who need a lot of direction or struggle to define their contributions and road maps/ work plans.

If you're looking for career growth by way of promotions and incremental expansions to your role, it's probably not the best place to be. If you come with a defined skill set to drive your ownership of a share of the company's global mission/ vision without being an empire builder (it's too much of a matrix-style organization for that anyway), it's a great place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep focused, be data-centric in the business cases made by people, get product-centric for scalability.
    Keep open minds and hearts, and listen for when people sound over-extended. Keep fostering teamwork.