SGN Nutrition - Great for extra cash, but not a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SGN Nutrition

"Great for extra cash, but not a career"

Pros

-The best part about this job was the level of independence it gives you, I only ever saw the man who interviewed me, otherwise i never met a single co-worker. Being self reliant and having 0 micro managing was great.

-It was easy to get new supplies and phone interaction with other coworkers was always pleasant

Cons

-training was frustrating, they do 2 conference calls when they hire people with 0 sales experience and expect them to be super stars right out of the gate.

-It was hard to upsell certain days, the company had Spanish on their signs in addition to English, but in the area I was it was pretty much useless. They had no plans to add Asian languages or Eastern European, which would have aided in sales significantly.

Advice to Management

Do more demographic research on each store you send a seller to

Other Employee Reviews for SGN Nutrition

"They cancel your next shift if you dont hit your sales goal..."

Former Employee - Demo
    Former Employee - Demo

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Vitamin drink actually doesn't taste that bad. There is a commission structure after you hit your target of 20 boxes, but it isn't very much--2$ a box after 20. They will supply you with free samples of the product for personal use. THey do pay you for the minimal training they give you. (less than 2 hours)

Cons

The product is hard to sell,and expensive.I am doubtful that it is as effective as the company says it is bc its claims have not been substantiated by the FDA. This company doesn't give very good training, everything is done over the web. You need to have a smartphone to email pics of your table set up to your manager. They make you purchase a table for 40 dollars out of your first paycheck... they say they will reimburse you in a week. Craziness right? I didn't get a job bc I had extra money to throw away...sheesh.

Advice to Management

SMALLER TERRITORIES, more face to face training and manager visits. Do away with that 40 table that you make demoers buy. Just pay for it yourself! and ship it to their store or home.

2. "Ok Part-time job."

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador/Sales
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador/Sales

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time

Pros

Lots of training available.
    Paid in a timely manner.
    Hourly plus commission.

Cons

Product is a hard sell to consumers for various reasons.
    Hourly could be more.