SGN Nutrition - Seems Like An Easy Sell, But It Isn't | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SGN Nutrition

"Seems Like An Easy Sell, But It Isn't"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. Easy training. You work independent of any oversight. You get to work in Costco with some cool people.

Cons

Poor training. Company does not have a consistent message and changes management constantly. Product has been in Costco for a while and most of the customers in the store have already tried it and have already made a decision to buy it. There's very little you can do to change their mind. Also, this company had 6 reps at the store before me, and some of them did a lot to damage how customers view the product.

Advice to Management

Rehire Richard Ennis. After you fired him, the company went downhill quick. I always felt like he cared about me, but the new Regional has a lot to learn about how to motivate people and is a jerk. Also, stop telling your employees one thing and then do another. You guys need to make your minds up.

Other Employee Reviews for SGN Nutrition

1. "Totally disfunctional company.........."

I worked at SGN Nutrition (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to report................

Cons

Use and abuse people, until they quit

Advice to Management

Keep chasing profit, forget about the people...........

2. "Great for extra cash, but not a career"

Pros

-The best part about this job was the level of independence it gives you, I only ever saw the man who interviewed me, otherwise i never met a single co-worker. Being self reliant and having 0 micro managing was great.

-It was easy to get new supplies and phone interaction with other coworkers was always pleasant

Cons

-training was frustrating, they do 2 conference calls when they hire people with 0 sales experience and expect them to be super stars right out of the gate.

-It was hard to upsell certain days, the company had Spanish on their signs in addition to English, but in the area I was it was pretty much useless. They had no plans to add Asian languages or Eastern European, which would have aided in sales significantly.

Advice to Management

Do more demographic research on each store you send a seller to