SHI International - OK but low pay - used to let you run your own business but now much more reporting to upper mgmt | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SHI International

"OK but low pay - used to let you run your own business but now much more reporting to upper mgmt"

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Benefits, Product Support, Great People, Great Vision - They are transitioning from a response mode in sales to being more proactive.

Cons

No advertising to build the brand and still trying to put a plan in place for services but not quite there yet

Advice to Management

Working at SHI has been great but since you are changing to a format that requires reporting and crm management then the pay is way too low. Inexperienced support due to people using SHI as stepping stone since pay is so low.

Other Employee Reviews for SHI International

1. "N/A"

Pros

Good learning, latest technologies to work with, challenging environment, team effort, all the time competetion, handsome pays, nice reviews, leisure promotions

Cons

unsecure job, project based job security, benefits are near to none.

Advice to Management

Management must take good care of their employees, they do appreciate their employees, if not monitarilly atleast verbal aplause can their confidence and loyalty sky high.

"SHI transformed from my "first job" to my Career."

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SHI International full-time

Pros

I joined SHI 5+ years ago as a recent college graduate with zero background in technology. I had no aspirations of working in tech sales and figured that this role would be a stepping stone to something bigger and better elsewhere. 5 years later, I am still at SHI and have never once considered leaving. I am a self-proclaimed perfectionist and am highly competitive, and SHI created a platform for me to effectively run my own business, leveraging hundreds of internal and external resources to grow my business and my brand. Senior leadership is highly engaged in the day to day business but provides me the freedom to execute my business in the way that aligns best with my personality and values.

SHI is growing so quickly that there are always job openings across the country and consistent opportunities for promotion. SHI is also a huge proponent of promotion from within the company.

Much like any role that is competitive and requires a strong work ethic and a positive attitude, people that do not share these values will not be successful at SHI. SHi is working to create a strong, uplifting culture focused on ongoing education and big-time internal growth. We are riding the tech bubble and are getting paid ridiculously well to do so. You get out of this job exactly what you put into it and if you walk into work every day with a positive attitude and a desire to learn and work hard, you will be successful here.

Cons

SHI is growing so quickly and working to address so many challenges across the IT landscape that employees are eagerly awaiting the addition of more internal technical resources. In such a dynamic landscape like IT, the main challenge is trying to be the expert in everything - I think we are getting there, but of course we all (selfishly) would like to be there today!

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on education, communication and fostering a positive, fun culture of Sales Professionals. Professionalism is key and it only takes 1 SHI employee to shape the way that an entire company or partner views SHI, so hiring the right people is extremely important for our reputation across the industry.