KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

Not bad

Jun 27, 2022 - Inside Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Very stressful line of work

Be the first to find this review helpful

SHI International Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that your overall review of SHI was positive, though we are disappointed you find your line of work stressful. There are many career opportunities available which you can see in our daily emails and on our internal HR site. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall not a bad experience

Jun 18, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, flexibility, and people

Cons

Some rollouts and focuses do not fit every single customer in your book. No matter what upper leadership says

1 person found this review helpful

SHI International Response

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that your overall review of SHI was positive. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Could of been better could of been much worse.

Aug 11, 2022 - Field Service Engineer (FSE)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Outstanding people. Co-workers were outstanding and genuinely cared about doing the right thing. I truly feel like SHI is a victim of it's own success. Their rapid growth has caused systemic problems that aren't reflective of the people that lead the organization. I do feel like the leaders have the best interests of the customers, employees and company in mind.

Cons

Leadership was lacking direction. There was a clear disconnect between sales and engineering. SHI's biggest issues is that they are much to siloed. The right hand rarely knew what the left was doing. Technologies continue to merge and the VARs have to keep up. They can't continue to just sell boxes and licenses. I don't feel like SHI grasped what customers were really looking for. Because of the size of their customer base they had the luxury of being able to botch pro-services engagements without realizing the impact that made to the customer and the sales rep. Over my 4 years with them I saw countless examples of the pro services team blowing a project and it causing good employees to leave along with customers.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about SHI International.

SHI International Photos

+ Add Photo
SHI International photo of: Our IT heroes jump with joy
SHI International photo of: SHI Employee @ NJ HQ
SHI International workplace photo
SHI International photo of: #SHIMaskMakers partner with Mercer Mask Project to donate masks to elderly, healthcare professionals, first responders , and essential employees.
SHI International photo of: SHI Employees March in 2019 Pride Parade