Cover image for SHI International

Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Employee

Nov 1, 2022 - Human Resources Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm a new employee (less than 3 months) and so far my experience has been positive. Everyone that I've met, including my senior director, is straight-forward but also very helpful. The onboarding process seemed intense at first because it took almost two weeks to complete. I realized however that the way SHI did it was better. Most companies I've worked at had long, boring 2 to 3 day long new employee orientations. SHI breaks theirs up into small chunks of 30 and 60 minute sessions over your first two weeks which made it feel less overwhelming. Also, there are A LOT of opportunities to join and grow within the company. Most of the employees I've met have been at SHI for over 10+ and have moved to different positions. I've even met people who left the company and came back. That says something.

Cons

A lot of growth has happened over the past year and there's a lot of restructuring taking place. I see that it's going to take some time for me to adjust and remember everyone but I think these are the pains that most growing companies go through.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

SHI International Response

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your experience here at SHI. We have read through your comments and are pleased to hear your experience was positive. We take pride in our onboarding process and we’re happy that you found it to be a good experience. We sincerely appreciate all the time you put into your review and have committed to take the time to read all the suggestions to help improve our evolving work environment. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love SHI and the Leadership!

Jan 10, 2023 - Sales Specialist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, Team does not compete with each other - which allows for a lot of collaboration.

Cons

Excel macros can be intense, but once you get the hang of it- so many great proposals you will be able to create!

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Great Place to Work

Jan 9, 2023 - HR-Manager und HR Business Partner
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has embraced a hybrid work week and handled the changing tide of work from home beautifully. SHI has NOT implemented a mandatory return to 5 days in the office. I am happy to say the CEO is moving forward with the current trend of businesses caring about the mental health of their employees and I see real work toward employee satisfaction. New well being days have been added to PTO and new Floating Holidays have been added for President's Day, Martin Luther King Jr Day and Juneteenth! Financial improvements have been implemented as well, an increase to employee 401k match and merit increases were given earlier then usual in 2022. Steps have been taken to champion a more diverse population and Employee Resource Groups have been created. COVID19 made it hard for people get to know each other outside of their own work group and these resource groups allow for remote workers and onsite employees from all aspects of the business to mingle and get to know each other. It is an enriching experience that I have enjoyed taking part in. I have a great team of people that I work with and I am happy to come to work on the days I am in the office as well as the days I work from home. Accepting a position at SHI was a great move for me and my family.

Cons

I would love it if the company was at the top of the list for paying the most competitive salaries in their industry.

Be the first to find this review helpful

SHI International Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are pleased to hear your experience is positive. We take pride in the changes we have made recently, especially our new Well Being Days. We’re happy that you have found the changes to be favorable. If you would like to provide additional comments, please feel free to take this offline at SHIFeedback@shi.com which is a non-confidential alias.

Discover more reviews about SHI International.

SHI International Careers

Cover image for SHI International

SHI International Corp. is a global provider of IT solutions and services. Headquartered in Somerset, N.J., and with over 6,000 dedicated...More