SHYFT Analytics - Emerging growth company with big aspirations | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SHYFT Analytics

"Emerging growth company with big aspirations"

I have been working at SHYFT Analytics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is certainly a busy, fast-paced environment. The company is in a phase of growth and expansion, as it recently raised $15m in series A funding. New teams are being established in Sales, Finance, and IT. Business and Tech teams are also expanding which should bring a lot of opportunity for advancement. From a culture standpoint, everyone comes to the office with an energy towards their work, but can also kick back at social events and have a good time. In my role, I tend to work pretty closely with the Sr. Management team and can say I have nothing but respect for them. They are intelligent, approachable, and welcome feedback. I've seen them consistently set realistic goals, challenge the norm, and make decisions in the best interest of the company and its employees.

Cons

Trinity is a small company that is going through transition process. As with many small companies, employees can take on many different hats. I find this to be a blessing and a curse. It can be difficult to manage at times, but for me personally, I love the challenge.

Advice to Management

Never lose sight of the value of communication. I believe the Management team is making large strides to improve communication. It is so important, especially in a growing company.

Other Employee Reviews for SHYFT Analytics

"hired as entry level but set unrealistic/unreachable expectation"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Developer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Business Intelligence Developer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at SHYFT Analytics full-time

Pros

lots of company outing and events

Cons

company bring in entry level but had no training plan for employees, Additionally, managers set unrealistic expectation.

Advice to Management

check on lower Management so the the company does not loose good employees

"Management has no idea what they are doing"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at SHYFT Analytics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good client opportunities
    Small company size allows you to contribute immediately
    Decent work-life balance
    A few good people scattered here and there in the company
    Generally everyone is very nice
    Lots of informal company outings, after work happy hours

Cons

Internal processes are typical of a small sized company. Processes are not always clearly defined and sometimes chaotic.
    No training opportunities
    Favoritism with double standards and highly political environment - infighting, backstabbing, sycophants
    Promotions given to those who think the same way management does
    Incompetent managers are there because they play the game or have been there for a long time, not because they are subject matter experts. The organic nature of the company's growth has resulted in very poor management. They have little, if any, experience outside of Trinity. Coupled with the extremely strong personality/management style (not leadership) of the VP's, the overall managerial stance is passive-aggressive toward employees.The end-result is a group of emasculated managers who will make false, lofty promises, say whatever it takes to avoid conflict with employees while capitulating to irrational directions handed down from the top.

Advice to Management

Have an eye for bad management behavior and do something to get rid of people who are self-serving, dictatorial, and promote a disrespectful atmosphere toward employees. Pay attention to the lowest levels of the company who go unheard.