SIMCO Electronics - Definately an experience | Glassdoor

"Definately an experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

The family atmosphere and the ability to walk into the CEO's office and shoot the breeze is refreshing.

Cons

It's a pretty dry environment to work in. The majority of the people are great and so is the talent but the vision of some of the leaders reminds me of a horse with blinders on. Innovation needs to happen to stay alive and there's little room for that here.

Advice to Management

Open up to new ideas, take more risks and listen to what your workers are telling you. Sometimes, we actually know what we are talking about.

Jun 15, 2016 – SIMCO Management

SIMCO’s new management has improved our communications with employees, including proactively soliciting their ideas and suggestions.

Other Employee Reviews for SIMCO Electronics

"Satisfied"

Pros

Works with employees to ensure healthy and safe work environment. Provides flexibility in work schedule to take care of personal issues.

Cons

Opportunities for advancement very limited, otherwise no different than most jobs.

Jun 15, 2016 – SIMCO Management

SIMCO’s new management is committed to providing our staff with opportunities for training and internal career advancement. SIMCO tries to offer employees with a broad range of internal job ... More

"OK place to work"

Pros

Friendly environment. Easy to talk to supervisors. They will work with you when you need to restructure your schedule. Lots of travel opportunities.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. Need to hire staff willing to go out and find more accounts. Work load is getting to the point they don't have ample opportunity for their on the road tech's.

Advice to Management

The company needs to invest money in updating computers. They need to set up the labs with enough standards to enable everyone to do their job. Programs and paperwork need to be updated.

Jun 15, 2016 – SIMCO Management

SIMCO’s new management has improved internal career opportunities for employees, has upgraded our computer systems, and is improving our internal processes to make SIMCO an even better place to work.