SKC Communications - Amazing Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Amazing Place to Work"

I have been working at SKC Communications full-time

Pros

I am amazed by the review that I have read on here about the company. I have been here for over 3 years and it has been a great experience. The bad reviews we of course from sales people that must not have been able to sell.

There are people that have been at SKC for over 15+ years. That speaks volumes with todays job hoping mentality. What I love is that everyone wants to help, and that is from the top down. If you need to talk to the owners, they will go out of their way to help. All you have to do is ask.

Cons

None that I can think of, maybe I work too much but its because I like it.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people, you do it now and please dont stop.

Other Employee Reviews for SKC Communications

"Churning through salespeople"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at SKC Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am hard pressed to think of any "pros" at this point. The checks always cleared and the "tech summit" is a fun party.

Cons

The company is extremely frugal to the point of alienating employees with statements like "take manufacturers reps to meetings and make them pay for lunch, etc. so we don't have to". Opportunities for success for new sales reps vary greatly as some reps get a "commission guarantee" for a full year, while others only receive it for 6 months.

The average sales cycle is 6 months or more, and lead time on installs is about 10-12 weeks. With a very meager base salary, it's nearly impossible to bridge the gap financially if you don't bring a book of business from another company. There is little or no opportunity for advancement, so most people are stuck in the same job they began in, regardless of tenure.

Training is non-existant. Training consisted of riding to a couple of meetings with a sales director and/or another sales person, then the instructions of "just set meetings". Still to this day, I still haven't been able to get anybody in our satellite office to come up with a good "value prop" for the purpose of scheduling meetings.

Advice to Management

Have some concern for something other than your own pocketbooks. Engineers and techs that have been around for over 4 & 5 years are now taking home less pay today than when they started due to tax increases that have been greater than their raises. Make sure your sales directors are honest with candidates throughout the interview process so that there is not so much job dissatisfaction once reality sets in.

2. "CAD Technician/Engineering Support"

Former Employee - Engineering Support/CAD Engineer in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Engineering Support/CAD Engineer in Shawnee, KS

I worked at SKC Communications (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly and outgoing culture

Cons

design engineers are overloaded with duties besides engineering.