SLI Systems - SLI Systems provides a fantastic work environment filled with integrity, support, and unexpected perks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SLI Systems

"SLI Systems provides a fantastic work environment filled with integrity, support, and unexpected perks."

I have been working at SLI Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

At SLI Systems, everyone is very nice, open, and willing to help you with any questions and confusions you might have. The people are smart, experienced, and self-made. There are tons of fun company-wide and office-wide events, gatherings, games, etc that happen every month, which gives employees more to look forward to and helps build a community within us. The VPs are on top of their game, and are always willing to assist anyone and everyone, not just within their department. Also, the size of the company allows for each voice to be heard and for changes/ideas to be implemented more quickly. I have had a great experience working here at SLI, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is interested.

Cons

I have honestly not encountered any negatives to working here.

Advice to Management

None!

Other Employee Reviews for SLI Systems

"Best technology company I've worked at!"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at SLI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- New Zealand founders & management creates a company culture not found in Silicon Valley or the states and thus provides a good work life balance
    - Clients love us - as they come first!
    - Unique ever-changing technology, high client touch approach

Cons

- Management hasn't been able to figure out how to propel the company to greatness
    - Company structure has become siloed with too many VP's
    - Communication is poor given the New Zealand/US time zones and email is the dominant communication vehicle
    - Employees are typically underpaid

Advice to Management

- Open up to employee feedback at lower levels and don't let one man dictate the direction of the business at the expense of the company and good people
    - Try to foster more inter-departmental conversation

2. "Great place to start off"

I have been working at SLI Systems full-time

Pros

Fun open experienced team that works together, great clients, worldwide offices to visit.

Cons

The pay and minimal growth opportunities unless you switch fields which is not encouraged.

Advice to Management

Firstly management need to work on pushing staff to be the best they can. There is a lot of work on product development which keeps the company at it's best, but without knowledgeable staff there would be no company at all. Send us away for conferences, get us out there more for networking, learning and talking to our potential clients at more events.

And secondly, financially invest in your staff - they're running away for better pay.