SMART Technologies - Great place to work; Glad I heard out the stories of the SMART evolution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SMART Technologies

"Great place to work; Glad I heard out the stories of the SMART evolution"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at SMART Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like most "job seekers" I stumbled across Glass Door and almost skipped the whole SMART interview process due to old reviews and mixed emotions on here. Exceptionally glad that I continued with the interview process, and got to hear about the current culture first hand.

Very pleased with the company.

Pros: Innovative company, that within the last 1-2 years - has brought on a very promising executive leadership group (CEO, Presidents, Directors) and the outlook of the company has never looked so positive.
Company has just won "Best in Class" for New Kapp product.
Being a company of ~500 employees, and new products being developed, it still runs like a start-up mentality in some ways and really allows you the opportunity to grow and develop multiple skills and also see your ideas/creations come to life.

Very open company - where CEO has a very "open communication" policy. Often shocked at how much is shared with all level of employees. It's nice to be involved and included with all parts of the organization. CEO is very accessible - he often starts small talk with people while grabbing morning coffee.

Cons

Cons: There was a big company "refresh" to change the culture when the new CEO came onboard.... SMART did some restructuring to keep industry trends to really be seen as a "tech company" with new innovative ideas and a financially responsible..... there were grumbles from the people who were "set-in-their-ways" and wanted it to be the same company as it was for 25 years....... but the new employees that were hired have an upbeat, welcoming approach and a common goal to work towards shared ideas.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

I've worked for some of the corporate tech super-giants.... and I honestly believe that SMART is the tech company that employees will grow the most well-rounded skills and will feel that human-connection instead of just being a number.

Other Employee Reviews for SMART Technologies

1. "Friendly coworkers"

Pros

-friendly and competent coworkers
    -very nice building

Cons

increasing competition from other companies in the market

2. "It has been great, I love the people and the leadership"

Current Employee - Facilities Coordinator in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Facilities Coordinator in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at SMART Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is great. Good team envirnment

Cons

I a not sure I ahve any cons for now