SMGI - They are the best | Glassdoor

"They are the best"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Conshohocken, PA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at SMGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This team is unstoppable. They have multiple departments that they effectively cater the company needs and projects to match the multi-billion dollar clients they represent. The clients frequent the office because of the high performance and ability to stay above the competitors.

Cons

They are not going to stop until they succeed and because of this they are consistently pushing forward. If you're not used to the fast paced it is hard to adjust.

Advice to Management

Take more time for yourselves

Other Employee Reviews for SMGI

"Couldn't have asked for a better place to work!"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Phila, PA

I have been working at SMGI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work advancement/opportunity, work environment, and then the pay. This business is full of growth and filled with energetic, fun, reliable people that all work hard to get to the next level of the business. Pay, I have been here for a few months now and my weekly income is on average $900-$1,100 a week. The money is great, but for me, the 'Big Picture' is what I am focused on.

Cons

The hours can be tough, but like I said before, 'Big Picture', work hard now, to play harder later. Also, if you are someone who wants the easy way out, this is not the field for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in the office by giving all of us the opportunity of a lifetime. We all have the 'down for whatever' mentality, so keep it interesting! I cannot wait to be a part of the growth with SMGI, nationally.

"If you're serious about your career, great place to get foot in the door"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at SMGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started in the Philadelphia office fresh out of college with no experience in the workforce. In the short year I spent here, SMGI promoted me to leadership, moved into a brand new corporate office, launched a major campaign for another Fortune 500 client, and was preparing for major regional expansion.

SMGI people work hard and play hard, and every corporate employee is given 2 hours per day of personal development training to take you to the next step of your career. Management is really accessible here, and I scheduled frequent 1-on-1 sessions with them to make sure I was on track for my next promotion. They took a lot of time to understand my life and career goals, and helped me every step of the way.

It's pretty amazing is how many times people hang out together after work. The weekly Team Night is so awesome, even former employees still come out to it! The company has season tickets to every major sports team in the Philadelphia area, and everyone is given the opportunity to enjoy this benefit.

The culture is super fast-paced with lots of opportunities to have fun, so it's easy to enjoy the culture and forget why you're here. Promotions are entirely merit-based, which means that you are in control of when you go to the next level. Lots of bonus money is paid out to people who contribute to growth and expansion.

Cons

SMGI is on the path of continuous, aggressive growth, which can be tough. Starting pay can be low, so you are expected to earn a promotion quickly to increase your income.