SMS - worked here less than a week and had the door slammed in my face by upset businesses | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SMS

"worked here less than a week and had the door slammed in my face by upset businesses"

Former Employee - Senior Area Manager
Former Employee - Senior Area Manager

I worked at SMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not sure there is any pros. they claim great pay and $100,000. tell you that you can take 3-5 weeks of vacation a year.

Cons

none of the leads really know what we do. more than half the leads are no-shows. the rest have been mislead into thinking we was something that we wasn't. drive around in your personal car and not getting paid for it. to be honest most of the leads are tired of all the telemarketing calls and being hung up on all the time by this company. take this job at your own risk. my opinion is it a terrible place to work.

Advice to Management

if you want the company to have a good name be honest with the businesses that you are contacting. if SMS wants to keep good quality people they need to change the way they do business. I haven't heard nothing but how much the business hate this company because of all the telemarketing calls.

Other Employee Reviews for SMS

"Sales Focus Toxic to Mission"

Current Employee - Field Sales
    Current Employee - Field Sales

I have been working at SMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Intelligent and Motivated Staff, brilliant and tightly conceived business model.

Cons

Sociopathic groupthink focuses on sales sales sales rather than the delivery of service. The small to medium business world is very aware and tired of SMS as it is.

Advice to Management

Quit pissing in the stream, and concentrate on building a reputation for excellent delivery of a badly needed service.

"Run from here"

Current Employee - Senior Area Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Area Manager

I have been working at SMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can pick your work schedule

Cons

You have to rely on another employee to close a sale and pick up your commission. They do this less than 40% of the time

Advice to Management

Pay Employees a fair rate