SMS - worked here less than a week and had the door slammed in my face by upset businesses | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SMS

"worked here less than a week and had the door slammed in my face by upset businesses"

Former Employee - Senior Area Manager
Former Employee - Senior Area Manager

I worked at SMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not sure there is any pros. they claim great pay and $100,000. tell you that you can take 3-5 weeks of vacation a year.

Cons

none of the leads really know what we do. more than half the leads are no-shows. the rest have been mislead into thinking we was something that we wasn't. drive around in your personal car and not getting paid for it. to be honest most of the leads are tired of all the telemarketing calls and being hung up on all the time by this company. take this job at your own risk. my opinion is it a terrible place to work.

Advice to Management

if you want the company to have a good name be honest with the businesses that you are contacting. if SMS wants to keep good quality people they need to change the way they do business. I haven't heard nothing but how much the business hate this company because of all the telemarketing calls.

Other Employee Reviews for SMS

"Worst "opportunity" I ever had."

Former Employee - SAM in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - SAM in Irvine, CA

I worked at SMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I couldnot find any good reasons to work here.

Cons

They say they will set you 2 to 5 leads a day. They tell you they have set leads, but when you show up, the appointment knows nothing about you. They do not know what an appointment means at sms.

Advice to Management

CLEAN UP YOUR TELEMARKETING ROOM AND TEACH THEM HOW TO SET APPOINTMENTS.

"A very business like and professional atmosphere, results oriented."

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at SMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sales bonuses.good atmosphere, competitive, sporting tickets, free dinners and cash as bonuses. The organization has a good model and structure, and is aggressive in pursuing new clients. Inside sales has warm leads, already visited by outside sales representatives.

Cons

Repetitive, phone calls all day many clients to contact across U.S. and Canada.