SRA International - My experience has been positive, tough, challenging, but fair. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

"My experience has been positive, tough, challenging, but fair."

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Rockville, MD
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Rockville, MD

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here are some of the best reasons to work for SRA in my opinion: Flexible schedules, partial or full telecommuting available for some jobs (working from home), and domestic partner health insurance

Cons

I know this seems very petty, but one con, in my opinion, involves not enough of celebrating the employees themselves. For example, I would like to have at least one monthly celebration for all the folks with birthdays in that particular month.

Advice to Management

Since SRA is a bigger company from the one I worked at previously, it seems a bit more scattered and unorganized. Some of the folks in leadership positions seem to need a little more 'hands on experience' with the day-to-day activities so they have a better understanding of what is going on.

Other Employee Reviews for SRA International

"Heading wrong way"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful tradition, great people, some great opportunities

Cons

Post buyout culture is gone and management doesnt care

"Started out good but went downhill near the end"

Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really liked the company, culture and benefits the first few years.

Cons

Started going downhill the last 2-3 years and the opportunities began drying up. Company does not care how long you have been there - when the contract you are on is over, you need to "interview" again within the company for a different project and they may or may not select you, and even if they do, the new contract may not afford to pay you. I have seen this happen to several people and cannot believe that SRA would not make up the difference in pay.

It's also very difficult to switch projects within the company. So be sure that you get into the right project to begin with.

Can be very bureaucratic and may involve lots of paperwork to do the simplest of things.

My ratings is for the current time, not when I started working there. When I started out, I would rate it 4-5 stars.

Advice to Management

Need to reward loyal employees that have contributed to the company for many years instead of pushing them out when the new contracts cannot afford them.