SRA International - Started out good but went downhill near the end | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

"Started out good but went downhill near the end"

Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really liked the company, culture and benefits the first few years.

Cons

Started going downhill the last 2-3 years and the opportunities began drying up. Company does not care how long you have been there - when the contract you are on is over, you need to "interview" again within the company for a different project and they may or may not select you, and even if they do, the new contract may not afford to pay you. I have seen this happen to several people and cannot believe that SRA would not make up the difference in pay.

It's also very difficult to switch projects within the company. So be sure that you get into the right project to begin with.

Can be very bureaucratic and may involve lots of paperwork to do the simplest of things.

My ratings is for the current time, not when I started working there. When I started out, I would rate it 4-5 stars.

Advice to Management

Need to reward loyal employees that have contributed to the company for many years instead of pushing them out when the new contracts cannot afford them.

Other Employee Reviews for SRA International

"Contract Support Staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD

I have been working at SRA International full-time

Pros

Civic minded company with a high value on integrity. Company has some positive educational opportunities and gives voice to a desire to grow employees.

Cons

Working at customer site away from corporate office causes a measure of "disconnect" with the company. Salary increase was small for many on contract, and there are some management personality issues - managers that seem to not be aware of what is going on or who renig or fail to follow through on verbal "commitments". Administrative/HR processes need a lot of work.

Advice to Management

Don't get so lost in the project that you lose sight of employee morale. Follow through on commitments to staff. Be consistent. For corporate management, improve HR -the recruitment process, benefits support, training, and other administrative functions are a mess.

"Good Company poor contract"

Former Employee - Tivoli Administrative in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Tivoli Administrative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was average, benefits were middle of the road nothing to get excited about.

Cons

Poorly written support contract that needed to be maintained

Advice to Management

listen to your employees out in the field