SRI International - Excellent Corporate Culture | Glassdoor

"Excellent Corporate Culture"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Research Analyst in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at SRI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supervisors are there to guide your career path and co-workers are intelligent and highly skilled / knowledgeable. HR is very helpful and responsive. I felt fully supported by the administrative staff. It's a great corporate culture of folks who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to show it, pleasant people to work with, I've made friends with co-workers that will last long after I leave the company.

Cons

Commuting from/to SF on the Caltrain is the only con. But they provide transportation vouchers so it's a free commute!

Other Employee Reviews for SRI International

1. "Products and Services Division: A difficult experience"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Princeton, NJ

I worked at SRI International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You may get to work with a few really smart people.

Cons

The Products and Services (P&S) Division created a Connecticut office and is trying to transfer all the work to that location by laying off people in Princeton. They are hiring people from the CT. Smart people are leaving Princeton. The "Products and Services" stems from an R&D company but is trying to emulate a products company. Management and team has no real commercial product experience and is trying to compete in a competitive environment. They have recently failed major projects with big clients.

Work life balance sucks - management wants people to work many hours and has no regard for people's personal lives. Many employees are getting burnt out.and leaving when they get the opportunity. New employees are realizing this and regretting that they joined the company.

Advice to Management

Advice to SRI Menlo Park: Remove top management of P&S and you will solve most of your problems with performance. Morale is extremely low in Princeton - look a the turnover rate and you will understand.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Program Director in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Program Director in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at SRI International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good management, plenty of freedom, lot of flexibility, great work life balance, good projects. SRI has a good reputation and an illustrious history. It is a very bottom up PI-driven organization. If you are able to find a good niche and long-term funding, it can be a very good place to work. There is ample of opportunity to work with leading researchers in the USA and abroad.

Cons

you will most likely not get rich working here. no stock options. salary is good, but probably not as good as the rest of the valley. The social life is rather terrible. I made very few friends during my time here. Most of my connections were outside the campus. There are some people who prioritize politics over scientific content.