SSAB - Hire contractors fire contractors | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SSAB

"Hire contractors fire contractors"

Former Employee - Contractor in Lisle, IL
Former Employee - Contractor in Lisle, IL

Pros

Most of the people are professional and nice. In Lisle it's a quality building and good environment

Cons

The IT department is a chop shop revolving door. Beware of promises of longevity many contractors are hired then fired within weeks. Massive turnover.
Terrible architectural design laws enforced in IT. If you must work with this architecture it is a nightmare to orchestrate. They use Novell and Groupwise. They use personality tests to heavily measure your IQ and competence for employment.

Advice to Management

Understand that information and experience is important and try to retain employees.

Other Employee Reviews for SSAB

1. "Interesting work in versatile environment"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at SSAB as an intern

Pros

- Even as an intern, you are given a deep and thorough training about the factory area
    - Meaningful real life tasks which correspond to your education

Cons

Low salary, no possibility to continue due to layoffs

2. "Safety and Environmental Managers/Directors"

Former Employee - Safety & Environmental Assistant in Stockholm, Jämtland (Sweden)

I worked at SSAB (Less than a year)

Pros

Liked the people I worked with, very helpful since I was new to the company. In that position I had the opportunity to learn new things that I think will be beneficial for me.

Cons

I believe lack of communication and the time frame in completing your every day task with other assignments are a little unrealistic at times.