SSPR - Grain of Salt | Glassdoor

"Grain of Salt"

I have been working at SSPR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Work Life Balance Great PTO 401k match Fun people Its surprising that some of these new reviews from the past month paint a picture of a company that I just don't see. I haven't been at SSPR long enough to fully discredit with a fine tooth comb what is being said in some of these negative reviews but I do warn those who read them that the frequency and recent jump of negativity suggests this is a small... group of employees hoping to bully a company they seem to have a problem with. I have not seen any sort of a "fear" or "toxicity" and from what I hear of the previous CEO, it existed more then. Why is it so awful that the CEO hired a friend or removed family member? New CEOs are required to use their own network of people they trust. These two seem very qualified for the positions since they succeeded at very large companies.

Cons

Lots of internal assignments that have good intentions but sometimes are tedious. Departments and offices sometimes feel too separated. Unfair Glassdoor reviews are unfair and upsetting.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on what you want to be and don't listen to the bullying. It's not everyone. Companies experience growing pains with their people, this is no different.

SSPR2016-06-23

SSPR Response

June 26, 2016HR Director

Heather here: I have to be honest with you. I’m a bit surprised by the negative reviews as well. But I’m glad for them, because they bring up some issues that we can start addressing right away. I don’t care about pointing fingers. I want to focus on action and I rely on proactive and positive employees, like you, to help carry it out. I am grateful for your encouragement and that you felt inspired to come to the company’s defense. It’s clear that what we have is growing pains. It’s my job to work with the team to ease the pain. Your continued feedback can help me be sure I’m on the right track. I’m available to you anytime. You bring the grains of salt. I’ll bring the tequila.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to get a lot of hands-on experience"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at SSPR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, people / coworkers are empowering and motivating, incredible female CEO and executive leadership team, ability to carve your own path. Incredible experience level - get more hands-on experience than at other agencies, get to interact directly with clients from the beginning. Great client base. Strong company culture, fun cross-office activities, great amount of annual PTO

Cons

Hiring large bursts of employees at the same results in lots of training required from other team members and results in decreased bandwidth for other account work

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent as that is appreciated by all employees

SSPR2018-11-08
  2. "Account Executive"

I worked at SSPR full-time

Pros

Good benefits, fun coworkers, catered lunches several times a week.

Cons

Stretched too thin, heavy turnaround.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to accounts your employees actually like and would excel in.

SSPR2018-10-09

Discover more reviews about SSPR.