STERIS - Has good points, but can't really recommend it | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for STERIS

"Has good points, but can't really recommend it"

I worked at STERIS full-time

Pros

The company has its good points. Their cafeteria is pretty good and they have a nice exercise room. Nothing like what you'd get in a real gym, of course, but it's something and it's free. I also sensed that some higher ups were trying to create a good working environment.

Cons

The morale wasn't very high and the pay was far below industry standards. I also sensed that many of the people I worked with were pretty much going through the motions, not taking a great deal of pleasure in their work. I could quickly tell that I wouldn't want to make a long-term career there.

I did wind up staying there much longer than I really wanted to though, out of loyalty to my co-workers. Shortly after I decided to move on, I was able to land a job with higher pay and a happier work environment. I also found out that several acquaintances and former co-workers had worked for STERIS before, and that they weren't thrilled with the place.

Ultimately, I'm not about to say that you shouldn't work at STERIS. Like I said, it does have some good points and some good people. Still, I'd encourage jobseekers to keep looking unless they REALLY have to get something immediately.

Advice to Management

Good job with trying to provide certain perks. I think that better pay and more workplace flexibility would help people be more content and more productive.

Other Employee Reviews for STERIS

"chaos in a nutshell. Mismanaged service group, with lots of middle management interference"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative
    Current Employee - Field Service Representative

I have been working at STERIS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good company to bet some experience

Cons

extremely poor management, very top down management style. Very poor ideas, and horrible, premature execution and implementation of projects and products. Substantial employee turn over, poor morale.

Advice to Management

work from the grassroots and cut the clutter and roadblocks..... let the techs on the ground do their job.

"If you can suck up this is for you if not don't waste your time."

Former Employee - Field Service Group
    Former Employee - Field Service Group

I worked at STERIS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Able to set work schedules. Ability to purchase tools and supplies as needed. Get to work for some fantastic customers and contractors. Paycheck usually comes.

Cons

After my first manager all other managers were very poor ow their jobs. We were not given enough time to complete jobs and were punished for working overtime.
    Very cliquey new hires are not qualified. Company uses gps to track technicians. Micro management is the norm. Low pay and no respect for field service group. High turnover. Poor quality. Electronics are made in china if one device out of one hundred works they make a tidy profit. The it and programmers are incompetent
    It may take 30 revisions to get a program that almost works. It support is non existent beyond rebooting your machineThis company is a brown nosers dream. Insurance not that comprehensive.

Advice to Management

Lower your bonuses. Improve quality. Hire qualified individuals. Restore some perks the field had taken from them.