STERIS - STERIS is a great place to work. I have enjoyed the work and the people I have met along the way. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for STERIS

"STERIS is a great place to work. I have enjoyed the work and the people I have met along the way."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

I have been working at STERIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, Onsite fitness center and flexible schedule.

Cons

While their products are excellent, their pace to adapt new technologies for staff is a bit slow.

Other Employee Reviews for STERIS

"High Expectations - Poor Experience"

Former Employee - Regulatory
    Former Employee - Regulatory

I worked at STERIS full-time

Pros

STERIS offers a competitive paycheck, great benefits and a convenient/safe location. Company looks great on paper. Large player in the Medical Device Industry.

Cons

Overbearing and ineffective direction. Limited and poorly executed vision. Very high turnover rate. Unprofessional, often verbally abusive work environment. Low moral. Difficult to manage day to day responsibilities due to lack of consistency in management and no true standardization in procedures. Inadequate internal training/no external training offered for new hires or company cross overs. Unrealistic expectations considering lack of quality training offered. Poor work/life balance due to constant "emergencies" overshadowing time sensitive day to day responsibilities resulting from lack of planning/direction/effective management etc.

Advice to Management

Offer adequate training and time for employees to gain confidence in independent decision making, remembering this does not typically happen in several months. Re-evaluate structure when turnover is so high and moral is so low. Provide some across the board consistency; have confidence in decisions and stick to them.

"Face to face interview with district service manager went very well. Job Offer Accepted"

Current Employee - Field Service Representative I in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Representative I in San Diego, CA

I have been working at STERIS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Home office is great!, Do what you are supposed to do and they leave you alone. No micro-managing, naggy supervisors or any complaining employees to bother with.
    I don't understand why some people are complaining when Steris is actually hiring in a stagnate job market. Maybe the previous employees couldn't pass the Seris University online testing? It is pretty tough! WOW!!!

Cons

Communication could be better from management.

Advice to Management

Have an open line of communication from smartphone/device to a smart help desk for any type of issue. Too many phone numbers to remember.