STG International - Opportunity, Challenge, Responsibility, and Accountability. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for STG International

"Opportunity, Challenge, Responsibility, and Accountability."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Supervisor in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at STG International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In spite of the size of STG International there continues to be an atmosphere of growth and opportunity. If you like rolling up your sleeves and getting the roots of things this is your place to work. The office environment is extremely professional and respectful. There is a friendly tone set by the President of the company.

Cons

If you don't like to work hard and be held accountable then stay away from STG. Management expects everyone to carry their weight and give 100%. If you want to spend you time taking breaks, visiting with your coworkers, or surfing the internet then look for another opportunity or better yet start your own company.

Advice to Management

Let you teammembers shine and hold us accountable for our roles and responsibilities. We are capable of doing so much more.

Other Employee Reviews for STG International

"Good start to consulting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at STG International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one to report to because as long as you are doing your job at your on-site, they stay out of your hair entirely

Cons

Caters to federal retirees so no career growth opportunities; very little leave; no mentoring

Advice to Management

Put programs in place for job growth and you'll attract and retain high quality employees

"Mediocre at best."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at STG International full-time

Pros

Good view of the river. Decent work life balance if you make sure you seperate work and life.

Cons

Nepotism and a complete disdain for smart employees who are seen as a threat to those in management positions. Morale is at an all time low. People are underpaid. Employees who are smart and provide mentorship to their juniors are let go and that leaves us junior staff to sink. The operations team management are a joke with favoritism for poor performers running rampant (just because you belong to the same sorority does not justify acceptance of poor work performance). We've lost one of the best and brightest in that group because management could not handle being called out on unethical practices by someone who had the guts. Senior leadership is out of touch with their employees. Recruits hired on a contractual basis are entry level or hired because they are friends with current employees not based on their skill. This company will always stay a staff augment company. We are all job hunting

Advice to Management

Revamp the executive leadership team. Focus on your employees and keep in touch with what is really happening. Become a professional firm not one just out to make some cash. Ms. Lee should know better or perhaps she does but does not care so long as she can vacation at will.