STI Computer Services - Management is either horrible or clueless - or both. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for STI Computer Services

"Management is either horrible or clueless - or both."

Pros

Casual working environment? If you are into unprofessional, laid back work places.

Cons

Meetings. Lots and lots and lots of meetings. Meetings to make meetings. You'd think it was Xerox. Ok, that is unfair to Xerox, they MUST be more efficient.

Like process? Because there are all sorts of processes, unfortunately they are undocumented and apt to change on a whim - and many only exist in the minds of some managers.

Lots of football talk though. Year round. Hours a day. It's fun for all involved. Don't like football and actually want to do your job? Sucks to be you.

Very adept at remotely managing workers (that is sarcasm, btw). Good thing getting to know the employees isn't a priority. Because who really cares to do that?

Advice to Management

No thanks, they already know everything.

Other Employee Reviews for STI Computer Services

1. "I like working here"

I have been working at STI Computer Services full-time

Pros

I can work from home if i need to
    I feel good about being able to help doctors help patients
    I'm not a number in a big company. I feel like what I do matters.
    The company is stable and has been around for a long time. over 25 years?

Cons

They need to turn up the heat in winter.
    There could be more training for new employees
    There could be more communication about what's going on. The last place I worked would buy lunch sometimes and even sponsor happy hours, this one doesn’t.

Advice to Management

I heard about some of the complaints on this website and I agree with the other person that said it’s not what most people think. I doubt some of the people that wrote the negative comments are still at STI because the morale is pretty good. That’s why I’m writing this review. If I had good advice, I’d probably be in management. maybe someday. I like the managers in software development and QA. They sometimes get stressed out, but I still feel that I can go to them for help.

2. "Management needs a makeover"

Pros

Friendly people to work with
    Free coffee
    No dress code
    Lenient Work Life balance
    Office location in close proximity to restaurants, gas station and shopping

Cons

No Structure or management guidance
    A lot of office politics (need to brown nose to get ahead)
    Archaic software
    Atrocious benefits (All around, not just health benefits)
    No company perks as other companies have
    Compensation is NOT competitive
    Low morale
    Incompetent employees that are being coddled
    No tuition reimbursement as promised

Advice to Management

Management needs to take a course on "How to Manage People". They don't have a clue. The passive aggressive approve obnoxiously does not work. If that was the case the morale would not be so low in all departments and the employee turnover wouldn't be so high. Pay close attention to the departments with the highest employee turnover where some are almost at 100%.

The owner of the company and all managers also need to open their eyes on how to improve the technology of the software so the company doesn't continue to be 5 years behind of their competitors.

Oh and to add to one of the other reviewers who possibly hasn't been with the company for that long... Yes, there HAS been layoffs within the past couple of years so don't put that past this company to do it again. Especially be concerned for layoffs since sales has not improved and remain to decline.